We are aware of the impact the consumerist society has on our environment. That’s why our golden aim is to keep our ecological footprint as small as possible. So, how do we do that?
1. We prefer to keep our production process as close to home as possible. For example, we produce all of our chairs and tables in the Netherlands, whilst all the sofas are being produced in Europe. Our great main goal for the future is to be able to produce our entire collection in Europe.
2. We only supply high quality furniture. We want people to be happy with their furniture purchase and that is only possible when the furniture is of high quality and lasts a long time. We offer high-end design and service, without the high-end price tag.
3. Many of our products that contain steel are made from recycled steel. This way, we’re choosing for the most sustainable option and manage to keep the raw materials in circulation for a longer time.
4. If you are looking for a sustainable upholstery for your furniture, we advise you to look at the composition of the fabric. Natural raw materials are way more sustainable than fabrics produced with petroleum like polyester, for example.
5. The fabrics we work with comply with the REACH regulations. REACH obliges the industry to manage the risks of chemicals and to provide safety information about the substances. Manufacturers and importers must collect information about the properties of their chemicals so that they can be processed safely and the information is registered in a central database.
6. At FEST, we want to be sustainable through all levels of our organisation. For example, we have vegetarian lunches at our headquarters every day since 2017 and we keep our administration paperless since 2018.
We will continue to make FEST as sustainable as possible. We will never become the most sustainable company in the world, but for us it’s no more than logical that we do our very best to choose the most sustainable options.